A Christmas Poem encapsulating the beauty of the Christmas Season and all its traditions:
Happy Christmas to all my readers!
I decided to write a poem to try to encapsulate the beautiful atmosphere of Christmas time and all the things that work together to make it a special time of year. So, I chose the word ‘CHRISTMAS CHEER’ to use in an acrostic poem – enjoy…
C – Chiming bells and the rhythmic melodies of well-known Christmas hits
H – Happy faces as they watch loved ones open their specifically chosen gifts
R – Roast turkey aromas that fill the Christmas air
I – Imaginative decorations that make you stop in awe and stare
S – Stockings hanging, representing each person who make the house complete
T – Treats that keep on coming, treat after treat
M – Merry Christmas cheer that can be felt wherever you go
A – Anticipatingly looking out the window to see if it will snow
S – Sparkling lights reflecting in loved ones eyes
C – Cherished moments shared that deepen the family ties
H – Hearing laughter in unison fill the house
E – Eagerly and sneakily shaking presents, trying to be as quiet as a mouse
E – Eggnog, Hot Chocolate or Hot Cider keeping your hands warm by the mug
R – Remembering the reason for the seasons and Jesus’ hope, peace and love!
Poem by Helen from Helen’s Journey Blog http://www.helensjourney.com
Christmas can give you time to reflect on life, remember your blessings, be grateful and alter perspectives!
Click HERE to go to the list of my other ‘Christmas Time Reflection’ posts or see the list below for each individual post and click on the title of the post you’d like to read, to open it in a new window:
- “DON’T GET YOUR TINSEL IN A TANGLE!”
- “PRESENCE over PRESENTS”
- “LIFE IS LIKE A FRAGILE ORNAMENT”
- “EVEN SAND CAN STAND WHEN ITS DESIGNED TO FALL”
- “Trying to stay STABLE, while we celebrate the Stable!”
- “Remember the small stuff”
- “Keep OLD Traditions but don’t forget to make NEW ones!”
- Remembering the REASON for the SEASON!
A list of Helen’s Journey Blog Poetry:
Here are some other poems I have shared with my blog readers (Click on the poem titles below to open them in another window):
- “Never Judge A Book By Its Cover” – A poem I wrote when I felt that I was being judged and treated unfairly.
- “Making friends with Grief” – A poem I wrote in ode to my Grandad on the anniversary of his passing.
- Rewriting ‘Fresh Prince of Bel Air’ SONG LYRICS – My creative twist to song lyrics to talk about the emotional experience of donating 12 inches of my hair to charity
- “We are Woman!” – A poem & a celebratory post about the power of a woman (Esp the single & childless woman)!
Enjoy reading Helen’s Journey posts and poems?
Then don’t miss out when new stuff is posted –Please click here to join my Email Mailing List to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted!
Why not come & follow my blogging footsteps on other Social Media Platforms(click on names to take you to the different media profiles):