‘7 FACTS ABOUT ME’
that will give you a sneak preview into where around the world my journey has taken me & just what my footsteps have got up to…
How exciting my 1st ever Versatile blogger Award! A big thank you to the lovely Cailin over at the blog STUMBLY for nominating me for this award (click on her blog name to open up a new window with her post with my nomination in.)
Before I share a few fun facts about myself and then list my own nominees, here are the rules/guidelines for us nominees to follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you. (Links to their site are pretty sweet!)
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate no more than 15 bloggers for the award.
7 Facts About Helen’s Journey Blog:
Okay, so as my 35th birthday is soon approaching I refuse to focus on what I don’t have by this age (if you’ve read my post “Single? Childless? How these things can’t take away your ability of being a loyal partner or your maternal instincts to look after a child!“ then you know the list is mostly missing) or bad situations of the past.
Instead I’m choosing to focus on all the great life experiences I’ve had in life and the amazing places around the world I have visited – as when I reflect on these I feel richly blessed beyond age, health, status etc.
So the following 7 facts about me I’ve chosen from my bag of life experiences & dug out the photographs to go along with them too…
- I’ve lay inside a tomb, deep inside a great pyramid in Cairo, Egypt. It was REALLY hot down there! I couldn’t resist jumping in and posing for a pic – it’s just part of who I am 😉
2. I’ve held a baby alligator! Yes you read that right, but don’t worry there was a professional handler there to talk me through it and make sure I held it correctly for safety for us both.
It was after an air boat ride through the Florida Everglades swamps filled with alligators. As a huge NCIS & CSI fan you know in my head I was pretending I was on the airboat with Horatio in the opening theme tune of CSI MIAMI right 😉
3. I have driven a Quad bike across some of the Sahara Desert and watched the sunset over the sand dunes.
4. I got to see my home football team ‘Birmingham City FC’ win the Carling Cup final at Wembley Stadium, winning 2 -1 against Arsenal in February 2011! It was a brilliant day with my family that I will remember forever, what a high and a buzz. A well deserved win KRO! (our slogan KEEP RIGHT ON! aka KRO)
5. I’ve climbed the Statue of Liberty & Empire State building (ok I was only 5 so I only remember tiny moments but I do remember doing both…
The statue of liberty I remember it being endless winding stairs and it being boiling hot and my Auntie freaking out as she is scared of heights.
The Empire State Building, I remember being at the top and it was all caged in and we used a, what seemed huge at the time, telescope to look out over New York.
6. I watched the Olympic Torch handover in the UK when it passed through my home town Birmingham (England’s 2nd City).
7. I went into the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, when I was in Marrakech. We went to see a beautiful waterfall.
So there you have the 7 life experiences I’ve chosen to share with this award – I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me more, as I have enjoyed sharing them and looking at the photos again.
Right, here are my chosen nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award… (Anyone who participates, don’t forget to tag me in your posts so I can see your replies.)
- nikki at nikkipedia
- Positive Changes Journey
- Trail By Fashion
- Off To The World
- mishi pcm
- Simple Hijabi
- The Happy Diary
- Fam by Choice
- Mamma in Joy
Fancy finding out even more about me? Then read my other blogger award interviews by clicking on the award names below to open interviews in seperate tabs:
‘Liebster Award 2018’ YAY! Come & read my interview answers & to get to know who I am as a person away from my keyboard
“MY ‘MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD’ number 1
HELEN’S JOURNEY BLOG WINS 1st SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD