This blog is a gentle prompt to enjoy time with your loved ones, making precious memories and treasuring having them in your life. Hold them close and be grateful for all the blessings they bring and the challenges they bring also – as they both make an impact on your life. Generally treasure the people you spend the most time with and all those that make contact with you just to say “Hello, how are you?”.
Today’s reflection is one of importance, to TREASURING YOUR LOVED ONES and work towards YOUR LEGACY that you will leave behind!
I am remembering all the lessons of my Life Reflections Collection I wrote at Christmas time but that are relevant every day of the year:
- Be present in the now moments with loved ones.
- Remind yourself no matter how stressful life gets you have the ability to stay stable and stand tall even when so many things are trying to make you fall down.
- Also the fragile nature of life and the ability to make new traditions as well as honouring the old.
- Remember the small stuff in life that have the ability to bring so much more joy than the big.
- The ability to stay calm and not give in to stress (no matter how tangled the Christmas tree lights are)
A couple of days ago, I attended the sad event of my uncle’s funeral. It really touched me the number of people who came out in love for him. They had the crematorium full to the brim with people even standing in all the aisles & even out into the entrance hall as there wasn’t enough seats or standing space for the many who came to pay their respects.
The eulogies from his younger brother & his friends were a tribute to the man he was, as a family member, husband and as a friend. Oh how loved he was & how missed he will be!
As they spoke of his warm smile, his football banter, his friendship, his older brother love, his strength through illness, his private character being open in loyalty and other honourable things about him as a man ~ it was all a reminder that it’s how you make others feel that they remember, how you look at them, how you interact with them & the care that you show them.
As well as working towards our careers, our health, our fitness, our businesses, etc – we need to remember to work at our relationships, put work into our interactions with others and pay attention to how we are making others feel. After all, when we are gone these are the things that people will remember us for!
What better 2018 goal can we set for ourselves than to work on the legacy we leave behind, the love and care we leave behind in loved one’s hearts and the moments and memories that will be shared about us after our departure from this life.
I wrote a poem regarding how we treat others with gentle reminders – for how we go about daily life does affect others. I’d love for you to read it here: NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER (click title to go to the poem.)
~ This blog post was written in fond memory of my Uncle Terry; Terence McMahon who put up a brave, private, humble and courageous fight against cancer till the end. RIP. ~
Listed below are my Christmas Reflections Collection which are all actually relevant to be read any time of the year to reflect upon life, our behaviours, attitudes and perspectives. Read them below by clicking on the titles in blue of the individual reflection you’d like to read:
- “DON’T GET YOUR TINSEL IN A TANGLE“ – A blog about staying calm no matter what goes wrong in life.
- “PRESENCE over PRESENTS“ – the reminder of being present in the moment and value to presence of people over the present’s they give you.
- “LIFE is FRAGILE like a Christmas Ornament” The fragile nature of life and handling the things that happen without warning.
- “Trying to stay STABLE while we celebrate the Stable” The ways in which we can stay stable during busy, stressful and frantic periods of life.
- “Even Sand can STAND when it is designed to fall” Our surprising ability to stand tall even when everything around us is pointing to failure.
- “Remember the small stuff” A reminder of how precious the small stuff can be even when it gets overshadowed by the big things.
- “Keep OLD Traditions but don’t forget to make NEW ones!” A blog respecting the old but also encouraging newness that life can bring when we let it.
ENJOY READING HELEN’S JOURNEY POSTS AND POEMS?
Then don’t miss out when new stuff is posted –Please click here to join my Email Mailing List to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted!
Why not come & follow my blogging footsteps on other Social Media Platforms(click on names to take you to the different media profiles):