YAY! I have now officially been blogging for 8 weeks, so to be nominated for “THE MYSTERY BLOGGERS AWARD” – my 1st blogging award already is really touching, exciting and daunting all rolled together.
“What is that?” I hear you asking (well I sure asked that myself being a newbie to Blog Awards). The creator of this award Okoto Enigma has written a blog “My Greatest Creation Yet: The Mystery Blogger Award” all about it and here is her explanation of the award:
“’Mystery Blogger Award’ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
As you can imagine, after reading this explanation I am humbled that Musings And Margaritas very kindly nominated me for this award. I really enjoyed reading her blog post about her nomination and reading her answers to questions so I could get to know her better. You can read her blog post here.
The award comes with some rules & guidelines to follow and also questions to answer so that readers can get to know more about the nominee. So here goes…
“3 Things About Me”:
1. I graduated with a 2:1 Bachelor Of The Arts Degree in “Modern Drama Studies” from Brunel University (Greater London, England UK). Post Grad I worked in the ‘Community Arts‘ field; So I’ve delivered drama workshops in a variety of settings. From schools for children with special educational needs, to sessions in a high security female prison (told you it was varied! Lol)
2. At 23 I became very ill and very immobile from a chronic pain condition called ‘Fibromyalgia‘ which as a very basic explanation; not only affects your muscles/ tendons & ligaments but also gives you a hyper sensitive nervous system to heighten the severity of pain & discomfort you get when using your muscles to do things.
For a decade I have run my own support group on Facebook “Helen’s FIBROMYALGIA AWARENESS GROUP (also relevant for other chronic illness)” for sufferers & their loved ones to get support, encouragement, help, advice & a safe place to discuss things. But also for non sufferers to join and gain an understanding of the condition and more widely the issues that chronic pain sufferers face daily. (Please feel free to click on he groups name above to take you to the Facebook group and join us…)
3. On my travels around the world I’ve enjoyed many experiences: lying inside a tomb inside an ancient Egyptian pyramid, riding a camel, quad biking in the Sahara Desert, skiing on The Alps, visiting the most southern point of the USA closest to cuba, watching the musical ’42nd Street’ on New Yorks 42nd Street, climbing the Statue Of Liberty… im so blessed that I could carry on writing this list. (I feel another blog post coming out of this! lol)
Next is to introduce ‘My Best Blog Post’:
I think my overall favourite would have to be the post I wrote on the 1 year anniversary of my Grandad passing away. This is because out of sitting down to write this post all about “Making Friends With Grief“ I actually came away from this process with not only a blog post but also with a treasured poem I wrote all about my Grandad. It would mean a lot to me if you’d click here to read the poem ❤
The next part is for me to answer the 5 questions Musings and Margaritas chose to ask me:
⭐ What’s your process for when you write a post?
Well as I’ve only been blogging for 8 weeks, I do not have a ‘Blog Post Planner’ which gives me a planned calendar of blog posts. I literally just chose each week what I will write about depending on what’s on my heart at that time or what specific things are going on that week. I literally open up a blank page and let my heart spill out onto the screen. Once written I then look at creating the media for the post (images, banners, Pinterest imagine etc)
⭐ What are your career goals?
If money or health weren’t an issue, I’d love to build upon my online support group and open up and run my own ‘Chronic Illness Support Centre’ so there is a physical space sufferers could attend with access to alternative treatments and therapies all in one place.
⭐ What is your favourite type of genre to read?
This has defiantly changed throughout my different ages and seasons in life. At the moment it is: Motivational / Self Help / Christian Spiritual Support.
⭐ Preferred writing style- factual or fictional? First person or Third person?
Fiction; as I write from the heart, from my imagination and a place of creativity – which is why some of my posts also include a poem. Mostly in the first person as I share my point of view, opinions, experiences and feelings.
⭐ Funny/weird one- If you had to change your name what would you change it to and why?
The silly side of me is tempted to say ‘Gertrude’ just for fun of it! 😉 Whereas the sentimental side of me wants to pick a name that’s more fitting to my Spirit, such as ‘Hope’.
I also have to nominate other bloggers for the award. So I’ve chosen the bloggers who have helped me the most these past 8 weeks of blogging with support, advice, encouragement & interacting with my blog. They are:
Below are the 5 questions i have chosen to ask those I have nominated above:
1. What is your reason “WHY?” for blogging?
(I ask this question as this is what my second blog post was all about: ‘My “Why?” For Blogging’)
2. If you could only choose one social media platform to use to promote your blog, which one would it be and why?
3. If you could go back to when you were writing your 1st blog post – what piece of advice on writing blogs, would you give yourself?
4. What is the best app you use for your blogs media? (creating images, logos, banners, pins etc)
5. (funny or weird question) If you had to choose a holiday destination that best summed up your blog, where would it be and why?
Finally here are the rules and guidelines for what being nominated for this blog award entails:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So, what are you waiting for nominated bloggers? Get typing…
For everyone else, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading more about me and getting to know me that little bit better!
Why not come & follow my blogging footsteps on other Social Media Platforms too! (Click on names to open up each profile):